It is important that yoga courses are designed and delivered by a qualified, experienced yoga teacher. I have completed 60 hours specialist training with TeenYoga UK. This includes the study of adolescent anatomy, physiology, neuroscience, psychology and behaviour management. In addition, I have completed 500 hours of yoga teacher training with the British Wheel of Yoga.
Safe practice and guiding students to work within their own individual limits is at the heart of all my teaching.
Bespoke yoga courses for your school
Courses are flexible and schools can choose the length of yoga course, which can be tailored entirely to suit the needs of the staff, students and their timetable.
Yoga has already been adopted in many schools across the UK in a variety of ways:
- Part of the PE curriculum
- Part of the PSHE curriculum
- An elective in an enrichment programme
- A lunch time or after-school activity
- An intervention to maximise the achievement of disadvantaged students
Yoga for staff
Yoga is also entirely suitable and positively recommended for staff in schools, as it can provide a welcome antidote to the demands of working in a busy school environment.
I believe it is important to help nurture young people and the people who care for them.
What will a yoga class include?
- A range of postures – adaptable to suit individual needs
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness and meditation (secular and suitable for all)
- An introduction to yoga philosophy and psychology